|United Kingdom and Ireland||22nd March 2020|
Mothering Sunday is celebrated on the fourth Sunday during Lent in the UK and Ireland which often makes it earlier than many other countries. It's the day we choose to take a moment to show appreciation for all mothers. We often do this by giving gifts to the queens in our lives, but the gift of time is often the biggest gift of all.
If you are looking for something special for Mum, consider a unique gift such as personalised wall art or a collage capturing your favourite moments which will also last for many years.
If you do decide to go for one of our prints, why not personalise it with one of our witty comments or create your own.
Here’s a list of suggestions:
- No matter my age, I'll always need my mum/mom
- I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me
- A mother is your first friend, you're best friend, your forever friend
- Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.
- Mum, I love you even though I'll never accept your friend request!
- There is only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it.
- To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world.
- Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things you taught me.
- I smile because I'm your daughter. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it.
- It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother—that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
- Everything I am, you helped me to be.
- Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.
- Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while…but our hearts forever.
- If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.
- Mum, great job! I'm awesome.
- Like mother, like daughter.... oh sh*t!
- When people say I'm turning into my mother I actually take it as a compliment.
- I love that we don't even have to say out loud that I'm your favourite child.
- Happy mother's day to the one person who believes I could do anything despite evidence to the contrary.
- First my mother, forever my friend
- Mum, you’re a genius and not just because you think I’m one
- Dear mummy, thank you for hugging me and loving me and doing special things to make me happy
- Happy Mother’s Day mum (and while I have you, quick apologies for ages 13 -21)
- Dear mum, thank you for keeping all the bad stuff I did from dad
- Mum, why didn’t you tell me that parenting is hard!
- Motherhood: powered by love, sustained by wine
- Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love